- Built: 1969
- Mid-Life: 1992
- Length: 279'
- Beam: 46'
- Draft (max): 16.6'
- ITC Gross Tonnage: 2,516 tons
- ITC Net Tonnage: 754 tons
- Registered Tonnage, Gross: 2,516 tons
- Registered Tonnage, Net: 754 tons
- Loaded Displacement: 2,944 long tons
- Crew: 23
- Scientific Berthing: 38
- Motors: Two 1,385 hp Propulsion General Electric
- Bow Thruster: 900 hp Retractable Azimuthing Thruster
- Propulsion: Two 1385 hp Z-Drive Lips
- Water Capacity: 15,900 gal
- Incinerator: Yes
- Fuel Consumption: 3,600 gal/day (transit)
- Transit Speed For Cruise Planning: 11.4 knots ( variable with conditions -- contact us prior to making speed/time estimates)
- Minimum Speed: variable to 0, any direction
- Endurance: 40 days at 11.7 knots (fuel)
- Range: 10,061 nm at 11.7 knots (fuel)
- Fuel Capacity: 129,000 (planning)
- Radio Call Sign: WECB
- Laboratory Space: 2,636 sq. ft
- Main Deck Working Area: 4,050 sq. ft
- Freeboard: 12 ft
- Sewage System: MSD
- Holding Tanks: 8,000 gal
- Document/State I.D#: CF0719XS
Scientific berthing at 38 assumes 2 persons in the chief scientist room, and 4 persons in the dormitory.
We request that the second berth in ResTech stateroom and the second berth in the computer tech stateroom be the last two berths filled in the case of a full ship.
Ownership: Title held by U.S. Navy. Operated under charter agreement with Office of Naval Research.
- GPS Trimble Tansmon P-Code
- GPS Trimble NT 200 DGPS
- RADAR Sperry 3cm, 10cm
- ADU GPs Ashtech Attitude-sensing System
- Fathometer Use EDO Doppler Speed Log
- Gyro - Sperry MK 37, MK 23
- Doppler Speed Log - EDO 300 kHz
- Dynamic Positioning System - Kongsberg K-POS DP-11
- ADF (VHF) - SIMRAD Taiyo